Our bodies are constantly detoxing and getting rid of harmful substances every day. Taking part in a detox simply assists your body with its job and can leave you feeling energetic, healthy, clean and full of life!
Most people would receive benefit from completing a detox of their body once a year for approximately 3 – 10 days. Some may require it more often, particularly if they are exposed to a large amount of toxins in their work environment or location or if their lifestyle is poor.
Particular lifestyle indicators for a detox would be:
- If you regularly consume alcohol, caffeine, excess sugar or smoke cigarettes
- Take pain killers, prescribed medications or other drugs
Note: Some fresh foods ie grapefruit, interact detrimentally with prescription drugs. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before embarking on a detox if you are taking medications.
What are some signs indicating I may need a detox?
- Recurrent Infections
- Dark circles under your eyes
- Allergies or food intolerances
- Pain in your liver or gall bladder area
- Constipation, flatulence or gas pains, sluggish elimination or irregular bowel movements
- Frequent headaches or migraines
- Bad breath, foul smelling gas or stools
- Intolerance to fatty foods
- General aches and pains
- PMS, breast soreness, vaginal infections
- Pointers to assist with Detoxing
- Eat lots of fresh fruit and veges (preferably organic) and avoid processed foods
- Get plenty of sleep
- Drink plenty of clean water
- Exercise gently without pushing yourself or overdoing it
- Observe the eight laws of health (See Eight Laws of Health Section)
- Relax. You may need to take time off work or cut down on you work load during this time.